Thank you for taking an interest in Blackthorn Book Tours. We are a review-focused service, although we do also sometimes include author interviews and other promotional posts in our tours.
Who are our reviewers?
- Our reviewers and bloggers are all dedicated, independent readers, with an appreciation of the darker side of fiction.
- They are all on the lookout for great new books and great new authors
- They all have an established track record of sharing their love of dark books through reviewing, blogging, instagramming, interviewing authors or providing promotional posts.
If this sounds like you then we want to hear from you. If you sign up with us you will join a ‘virtual team’ that is loving the genre and helping to bring its readers and writers together.
What we offer
- We aim to provide our reviewers with a wide cross section of top quality fiction from the dark side. Everything from crime, thrillers and noir, through the entire horror spectrum to dark fantasy and twisted science fiction.
- We circulate all our reviewers with details of upcoming tours, along with a brief description of each book. (Some reviewers join lots of our tours, some do so only occasionally.)
- If you decide to join a tour, we support your admin with a simple sign-up method, and send you a free copy of the e-book (usually two or three months before the week of the tour)
- We send you two scheduling reminders before the tour begins.
- Shortly before the tour, we will provide you with the tour banners and media kits to enable you to produce and promote your posts with ease.
- Tours are a real buzz. We will share and tweet your tour posts, featuring a link to your blog and an image of your blog ‘header’, which will promote your brand and help to drive traffic and followers to your blog.
- We provide authors with links to all posts for future sharing; their publicity should also enhance your blog profile.
What we ask from you:
- We understand that book bloggers have busy lives. However, signing up to a tour is a commitment to following through and posting a review on your chosen date.
- We send out bulk emails. So that our emails do not end up in Spam, please add our email address to your contacts list. blackthornbooktours @ gmail.com
- We ask you to provide, on your agreed date, a high quality, engaging, and honest review, and to post it on your blog (or other online review site as agreed with us), wherever possible including the Tour banner.
- We ask that when you post your review, you provide us with an email link to it, to support us in locating and publicizing it.
- We ask that when publicizing your review, you tag it using the #BlackthornTours hashtag or @BlackthornTours. And don’t forget to like our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/BlackthornBookTours/
If for any reason you need to pull out of a tour, please let us know as soon as possible as we might be able to replace you. All those who have agreed to take part are listed on our banners. It is therefore particularly damaging – both for the reviewer’s credibility and for ours – if bloggers pull out after the banner has been sent out.